Thanksgiving 2010

|
Samantha and I spent Thanksgiving with my family back in Mesquite and it was really great. My mom went all out on the food and had enough food for 4 or 5 meals for 20 people. It was ridiculous. There were all of the usual suspects of Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, ham, dressing, green bean casserole, pea casserole (or something), mac and cheese, rolls, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and probably a whole other table of food that I can't remember. Or maybe I don't want to remember it. I am so full (and tired) of Thanksgiving, I don't want to look back. I don't want leftovers from Thursday. 


Samantha made lasagna for my family on Wednesday night and it was a hit. My family loved it! Of course I knew they would, but she was a little worried. My mom tried helping out, but it was making Samantha even more self conscious about her cooking so we tried to occupy her with something else. Anyways, this lasagna was even better than the last pan (which was amazing in and of itself - it made it on facebook). 


Tonight she is making another one of her recipes, Tender baked chicken and french onion soup. It is still in the preparation stage, so I haven't had it yet, but I am looking forward to it immensely! 


Another side note, it is snowing a few miles north of Lubbock and we might see some if the temperature drops enough. 


I love Samantha sooo much! I know that I tell her everyday but it never seems like it's enough. She is my favorite!

0 comments:

Post a Comment