Kiss the Girl

|
So I was going to tell about the proposal, but I can't skip the first kiss! It's too classic for our relationship. (Is classic the right word?)

So not wanting to rush into anything too serious, and failing by holding hands on the second date, I figured I wouldn't kiss him until we were solid in dating. However, with our relationship plummeting into 'serious' faster than I could have known, and with no stopping it, this was proving more difficult than planned. The first time Spencer ever said "i love you" was within the first week of dating. He told me he knew it was crazy, and that he usually moved a whole lot slower than we were, he couldn't help himself and how he felt. He told me that he was the happiest he had been in a long time, and I admitted to myself and him that it was the happiest I had been in a long time as well.We had also started confiding in each other things that we didn't confide in your every day person, which brought us even closer. I just felt so comfortable with him, like I'd always known him. Then Valentine's Day came around (yes, all of this happened in one week...). He had pecked me on the cheek and head, hand and forehead, but never on the lips. I might have pecked his cheek, but I wanted to avoid the kiss in order to keep this relationship at somewhat a steady pace in something

So I went over to his apartment after church and we started watcing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I could tell he wanted to kiss me, and I decided, since he wanted to kiss me so badly, and I him, that I would give him one for Valentine's Day (I know, a very selfish present). However, there was no way that was going to happen during Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs... so I figured I would wait for it to be a goodbye kiss, make him wait as long as possible for it. haha 

However, it seemed like he was very discouraged throughout the whole movie, thinking he was going to get one and still hadn't, so when he walked me out to the car, he was a little disgruntled. Then, I gave him a good bye hug and started to kiss him and he turned his face and so "No, you don't get one, I've been trying all night and you've been rejecting me all night!" So I figured okay, fine, whatever, threw off my smooth, I'm out of here, so I got in my car and he stopped me and said Wait, no! And then it was a quick awkward peck on the lips from reaching up from being halfway in my car, and him bending down around my monstrously long door on my car. It was a horrible train wreck that I wouldn't trade for anything!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment